Every year, millions of individuals from across the globe enter and exit the United States, for a variety of reasons.

Whether an individual is visiting family or simply wants to explore the United States, to corporations, employees, universities, colleges, secondary schools, athletes, entertainers, diplomats, employees, professionals, technicians: the United States provides individuals from around the world with the opportunity to seek a non-immigrant, temporary visa, which allows travel to the United States for the visa purpose.

As a general rule, an individual who wants to travel to the United States as a non-immigrant needs a visa. For some non-immigrant visa categories, an alien can obtain the visa directly from the U.S. consulate without having to first apply to and receive approval from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) (formerly called the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)). For other non-immigrant visa categories, an alien has to obtain approval from the USCIS prior to applying for a visa at the United States consulate. In those instances, one must be ready to produce evidence of USCIS approval to the United States consulate. Aside from evidence of approval from the USCIS, there are other forms and documents an alien must bring to the U.S. consulate when applying for a visa.

Regardless of what visa category that an individual seeks, it is crucial that all documents are correctly completed, reviewed, and submitted. It is important that any visa applicant is ready for a consular interview, without concerns of missing documents, or other issues that may arise. It is important that when seeking a non-immigrant visa, all United States Consulates have full authority to deny any application, for whatever reason, absent any obligation to disclose the United States Consulate’s rational for its decision. When seeking a non-immigrant visa, your first chance is your only chance. Given this, any applicant should consult with an immigration attorney before making any application to or attending any interview at a United States Consulate.

We have handled thousands of matters before United States Consulates across the globe–ensuring that our non-immigrant visa applications are quickly and successfully processed. Do not try it alone. Contact Norris McLaughlin Today for a Free Consultation. Call (484) 544-0022.

Click For a Detailed List of Non Immigrant Visa Categories.

Types of Non-Immigrant Visas (Business and Non-Business Related):

ClassificationIndividuals Included
Athlete, amateur or professionalB-1
Au pair (exchange visitor)J
Australian professional specialtyE-3
Border Crossing Card: MexicoBCC
Business visitorB-1
CNMI-only transitional workerCW-1
Diplomat or foreign government officialA
Domestic employee or nanny – must be accompanying a foreign national employerB-1
Employee of a designated international organization or NATO G1-G5, NATO
Exchange visitorJ
Foreign military personnel stationed in the United StatesA-2, NATO1-6
Foreign national with extraordinary ability in Sciences, Arts, Education, Business or AthleticsO
Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Professional: Chile, SingaporeH-1B1 – Chile
H-1B1 – Singapore
International cultural exchange visitorQ
Intra-company transfereeL
Medical treatment, visitor forB-2
Media, journalistI
NAFTA professional worker: Mexico, CanadaTN/TD
Performing athlete, artist, entertainerP
PhysicianJ, H-1B
Professor, scholar, teacher (exchange visitor)J
Religious workerR
Specialty occupations in fields requiring highly specialized knowledge

Student: academic, vocationalF, M
Temporary agricultural workerH-2A
Temporary worker performing other services or labor of a temporary or seasonal natureH-2B
Tourism, vacation, pleasure visitorB-2
Training in a programH-3
Treaty trader/treaty investorE
Transiting the United StatesC
Victim of Criminal ActivityU
Victim of Human TraffickingT
Nonimmigrant (V) Visa for Spouse and Children of a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR)V
Renewals in the U.S. – A, G, and NATO Visas

Only schools certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) can enroll F or M nonimmigrant students. For a list of elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, flight schools, private schools, colleges and universities in the United States that are approved to sponsor students from abroad under either the F-1 or M-1 Visa, please click here: SEVP Certified Schools.